Monday, August 16, 2010

Productive night!

I just made my own "dinners by design" and am VERY excited about it. I marinated and froze two flank steaks using the recipe below and then I bought a bag of frozen chicken tenders and put them in smaller zip top bags with two different dressing marinades. I have 6 dinners ready to go - just thaw in the fridge for a day and cook!

Weight Watchers Marinated Flank Steak
Serves 6

Ingredients:

* 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
* 1/4 cup canola oil
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1/4 cup water
* 3 scallions, chopped [I forgot these]
* 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
* 18 oz lean flank steak

Directions:

* In a large resealable plastic bag, combine all ingredients except steak. After ingredients are combined, add the steak.
* Seal bag, squeezing out excess air, and refrigerate at least two hours.
* Remove steak from marinade.
* Transfer marinade to a small saucepan; set aside.
* Grill or broil steak, turning once, until medium.
* While steak is cooking, bring marinade to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for five minutes.
* To serve, slice steak across the grain and spoon marinade over it.

Enjoy!

No comments: