I love musicals. And the Oscars tonight just featured a musical medley number and I LOVED it! Steve and I both just commented that we think the Oscars are really fun this year - we haven't watched in years, but for some reason decided to watch tonight and haven't been disappointed. Woo hoo!
Speaking of which - I haven't been to a musical in a while. Hmm... I need to work on that!
My twenty five random things:
1. Once I find a shirt that I like - I buy it in multiples. I have about 15 v-neck t-shirts from Old Navy and 10-15 long sleeved t's from Target. I even have 2 blacks in both styles.
2. When I was younger, we used to watch IU basketball games as a family. Mom would pop popcorn and we'd eat it out of a red metal bowl - I have my own yellow metal bowl now, but IU basketball isn't as fun to watch right now :(
3. I am addicted to lip balm/chapstick
4. I wish I could live on ice cream and not get fat. I love cookies & cream, and vanilla bean, and a million other flavours from Oberweis and Coldstone and Kroger and other places :)
5. I love to go to the mailbox - I always anticipate getting a card or letter, which is always nice, but rare. I'm also happy when I get a magazine too, which isn't as rare, thankfully.
6. I love to manage our "finances" in Quicken. I am excited to do our tax return too - but I cheat and use TurboTax.
7. I'm doing this on my blog first because I don't actually know how to post Notes on Facebook :)
8. I am not good at keeping plants alive. I hope that when we have a pet, and later on children, that I can keep them alive better than my previous plants.
9. It's harder for me to LOVE a movie now than it was when I was younger. I used to LOVE a lot of movies. Now I find a lot of the ones I watch stupid or just mediocre.
10. When I was younger, I really thought I would be a camp counselor for a real job. I don't think I could keep my patience enough to do that now.
11. I go to a chiropractor every week for my neck so I don't get as many headaches.
12. I like listening to books on CD when I drive long distances
13. I own an ipod but don't listen to it very often - I should. I still have $12 stored up on iTunes from Christmas gift cards I got two years ago.
14. I'm a messy person. Not dirty - but messy. I don't always put my clothes away every day...and I have problems getting rid of paperwork, so it piles up.
15. I love to save recipes from magazines. I get 3 magazines a month that contain recipes, so I have a lot saved in a binder...
16. I think I've only made one thing from a saved recipe so far :) Oops...
17. I don't like to wear jewelry. I just wear basic earrings and my wedding/engagement rings. Every once in a while I wear a silver necklace.
18. I don't like to wear skirts either. I'm always cold, and I hate having to be careful getting out of cars and not being able to sit cross legged whenever I want to...
19. I like to watch edu-tainment/reality TV - like cooking shows and all of the Bravo stuff like Project Runway, Top Chef, Top Design, etc.
20. I'm big on good teeth & dental hygiene. I brush my teeth a lot and I still wear my retainer at least once a week at night. I got it in June of 1995 (it says so on the retainer, that's how I know).
21. I probably drink more than 8 cups of liquid (mostly water) a day when I'm at work.
22. When I was in high school, I knew I wanted to be an accountant - but I really dreamed of being the accountant for the Backstreet Boys or N'Sync. I was a nerd :)
23. I am still a nerd :)
24. I take my own pillow with me when I travel. People make fun of me for overpacking. Oh well.
25. If I could wear the style of pants I have on right now (drawstring sweat pants from Old Navy) every day - I would be a very happy person!
And I'm done!! YAY!