Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hi! I know it's been a while, sorry. Not much is new here, but yet I've been BUSY since the last post. I don't think we've had a free weekend since early May practically.

We got to go to Symphony on the Prairie twice in two weeks! We went with friends to the Harry Potter music night and then the next week we went for the 3rd of July with Steve's family + my friend Gemma. We had great weather both nights and I just LOVED being there :) It is such a fun thing to do!!

On the 4th of July, we went to the IMA with Steve's family. Did you know it's free?! I didn't - they should really work on advertising that! It was really fun and I highly recommend it on a rainy day, like the 4th.

On the 5th of July I went to my friend Abby's baby shower - I can't believe she's having a baby!! Very exciting for her, but crazy to think that people my age are really starting to have kids regularly. I'm not ready for that yet. A dog suits us just fine for now, and even our dog has made me break down and cry a couple times (yes - one day before work while I was getting ready he would not calm down or stop biting me and I just couldn't stop him or myself from sitting on the floor and just crying!).

The next weekend was Sophia's wedding - it was good to see some people that I don't normally see - we had a good time! I can't believe she's in Palestine right now. That would be VERY cool, but VERY scary. Not sure I could be as brave as her.

Last weekend, we saw Harry Potter on Friday night and Braden & Anna's wedding party on Saturday night. Both good times.

After this, we're going camping, hosting Steve's brother Kevin & seeing DMB at Deercreek, going to Lisa's wedding, going to my 5 year MBA class reunion in Bloomginton, family reunion, trip to Mackinac Island (we're staying here and I'm VERY excited for the getaway weekend!), going somewhere with Steve's family TBD, going to Gretchen & Andy's wedding, and I feel like there are a couple other things on the schedule in between :) I really do like being busy. But it is tiring.

Work is pretty crazy right now - did you know that banks aren't doing well? :) Yeah, that keeps me busy since those are my only clients. I was "lucky" enough to be selected/nominated to join the leadership academy at my work - there was a whole application and selection process, so it's pretty cool but it also means I have tons more "noncharge" work on top of my normal work. We'll see how this goes...

I think that's it for now. I need to get some sleep. Have a great week!

No comments: